Monday, June 27, 2011

I'm a comic artist...

I'm a comic artist. I should really be planning and working on my pitch for a comic. I guess its easy to loose faith in your own ability to do what you love and flounder about on the periphery. I am also an illustrator but I studied comics, I went back to school to improve my comics, dammit, I need to think about my next comic!

Some days I can look at the comic work on my webpage and see that it really isn't all that bad. Today was one of those days. Despite the smack down my Kokoro pages got from my MFA defense, they still reflect a quality of work that I would accept/read from someone else. To me this is a good standard.

So, I have to put in some serious work planning which project to start. If anyone actually read this blog, I would definitely take a vote or requests, but this is just a place for me to put my own thoughts into words.

The contenders: Pros and Cons

Quatre C- story mostly worked out, great new characters designs, perfect for a web comic/ would be a long or serialized story, really want a background designed in studio max and it isn't getting made...

Gender Studies
- successful hook, black and white, 98% finished plot/ was turned down once, would like help on the writing, would have to re-draw existing pages


Surreal World- story worked out, opportunity for variety and experimentation/ would have to re-draw existing pages

Kokoro
- pitch completely worked out, sample pages done, mostly scripted/ don't feel for the characters, sick to death of it

"Sandy"- awesome, totally worked out story/ need background and tech artist partner who is dedicated

It seems one of my hold backs is wanting a partner to share the work- especially in areas I'm not confident about. I suppose if I really want to get serious I need to buck up and just learn to do it myself! All of these project will require at least finished scripting and thumbnailing... it's just, where to start?

No comments: