Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Kokoro Cover

Sticking with my idea for doing a few covers I finally settled on redoing a project I started in school but had to rush to finish for class. I was never happy with the final result so I thought I'd give it another shot:




I left plenty of room for text and here's an idea but I would love to see what a real graphic designer would do (typographically etc).





I absolutely love kimono and kimono patterns. Working on Ojosan's kimono was a challenge because I had to weigh the balance of pattern versus busyness for the overall image. One of the last choices I made was to go over the black outline in favor of color trapping, which I think turned out well.



Here are some of the planning sketches I went back to from the original project:



No comments: